You are missing some Flash content that should appear here! Perhaps your browser cannot display it, or maybe it did not initialize correctly.
ACGHiringSystem.com was developed by a diverse and talented group. We strive to provide you with the best service and HR expertise available. Learn more about our team below.
Al is the President of Agency Consulting Group, Inc. and the insurance industry’s leading consultant for all matters relating to insurance agency operations, growth, productivity, profitability and ownership transfers.
As a primary innovator in the industry, Al has brought us concepts like;
- The Virtual Insurance Agency, a step beyond clustering that permits small agents to continue to operate their own offices while enjoying the benefits (and markets) of a much larger organization with assurances of greater value than as a stand-alone agency with assured buy-out and internal perpetuation potentials.
- Insurance Industry Benchmarking - from modest beginnings, several thousand agencies each year post their results to the Composite Group database (completely confidential and private) to share (and receive) the statistics for their own and the industry’s average performance in both operating and balance sheet categories.
- Chairing the committee of the American Association of Insurance Management Consultants (AAIMCO) and creating the Standards of Agency Valuation for use by the industry and courts throughout the U.S. for more accurate and objective agency valuation.
- The Asset Protection Model of Relationship Selling – a tool that converts the Quote/Price agencies to relationship management agencies that has returned astonishing closing and retention results to the agencies using this method of ‘making friends’ and growing the agencies’ client bases.
- Innovative Producer and Incentive Compensation Programs for agencies that pay for productivity gains, not just for longevity and that encourages producers to remain active and grow the agency’s book of business in order to maintain their compensation levels.
- The Agency Budgeter Program that permits all agencies to create and manage an integrated budget.
- The Agency Valuer, a software program that permits financially astute agents to cast their own valuations – based on Agency Consulting Group, Inc.’s own valuation methodologies now in use throughout the industry.
- The Referral Tree – A tool that identifies the value of each client by virtue of the total value of all referrals brought to the agency through that client.
- The Liquidity Audit Process that can guarantee the ability of an agency to pay the selling owners over time in ownership transfers of agencies and books of business.
Al has been through the agency ranks and the company ranks, both as a direct writer and in stock companies. He has been the Chief Operating Officer of two agencies in different parts of the country simultaneously and has organized a Management Information System that permits an agency owner to know everything that is going on within the agency in just two pages. The Agency Consulting Group, Inc. Hiring System designed by George Nordhaus is a welcome addition to Agency Consulting Group, Inc. clients and friends who have wanted an integrated hiring system that dovetails with Agency Consulting Group, Inc.’s compensation, recruitment and management programs.
George Nordhaus Bio
Founder and Chairman of AgenciesOnline, LLC, the major online marketing system for independent agencies , George Nordhaus has spent his entire working career as a marketing systems creator and information provider for the insurance industry.
If there were one word to describe Mr. Nordhaus it would probably be "creative." As an association executive (running the Tennessee and Indiana IIABA insurance agents associations) and as a publisher (founding Insurors Press, IMMS, Group 500 and now AgenciesOnline), Mr. Nordhaus has created or published more than 200 books, services, and other informational products.
A pioneer in the field of communications, Mr. Nordhaus lists a number of "firsts" for the industry including:
- The IIAA Management Service.
- Excess and Surplus Lines Manual.
- Risk Management Manual.
- CPCU Study Questionnaires.
- CPCU on Tape.
- Agency Management on Tape.
- Insurance licensing manuals for more than 20 states.
- More than 300 individual cassette tape interviews.
- The Nordhaus Insurance Marketing System.
- Agency Marketing and Management on CD-ROM and the Web .
- 2OrderDirect, only national direct order Web site for independent agencies.
- Over 100 online, permanent "Webinars" each year.
In l992, Mrs. Nordhaus (Sue) a practicing psychologist, formed Nordhaus Profiles. Utilizing the services of one of the largest testing systems in the world (Profiles International, Waco, Texas and in 90 countries), Nordhaus Profiles soon became one of the leading hiring assessment firms in the U.S.) In 2007, the new entity was created (ACG Hiring System) in conjunction with VMBhits and MWare, a web development firm based in Massachusetts.
Along the way, Mr. Nordhaus found time to write eight books on insurance sales and marketing, author a weekly newsletter for 40 consecutive years, write columns and articles for practically every trade magazine, and appear as a speaker at more than 3,000 insurance conferences and conventions.
In the early l970s, he became one of the youngest "Names" (investors) in Lloyds of London. He later served as the Southern California/Nevada/Arizona and New Mexico Chairman for the Association of Lloyds Members.
Mr. Nordhaus was honored by the Boston Board of Fire Underwriters as "Insurance Person of the Year"; by the Insurance Marketing Communications Association as their annual Golden Torch Award Recipient; and served for many years as an Elector to the Insurance Hall of Fame.
Sue Nordhaus, M.A. MFT, President
Sue and her husband, George Nordhaus, created Nordhaus Profiles International in l991 primarily to serve the hiring and management needs of insurance agents.
Over those twenty years, NPI, (which eventually became Insurance Hiring System,) assessed thousands of agency and company employee candidates in both the United States and Canada. She also produced and appeared in seminars on hiring for George’s firm, Insurance Marketing and Management Services.
In addition to her MFA (Marriage and Family Therapy) master’s degree, Sue has attended a number of educational sessions provided by Profiles International, the provider of the psychological assessments for Insurance Hiring System. Sue also had a private practice as a therapist, prior to the formation of IHS.